PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING: MICHIGAN PRODUCE/VEGGIES, ORGANIC VEGGIES, MEAT, FISH, CHEESE, PLANTS/FLOWERS AND MORE. ARTISIANS APPLICATIONS WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED ON A LIMITED BASIS.
The 2023 Vendor Application and Product List is the important first step in attending the Milford Farmers' Market. We will do our part in advertising the event and creating excitement within the community with adult and children events surround market day.
Join in on the excitement and get your space reserved for you today.
Market Hours and Dates
Our Farmers Market is held on Thursday afternoons from 3PM to 7PM, beginning May 11th, and ending October 12th.
Thursday, August 10, 2023 – Due to Milford Memories the Market will be closed*
- Vendor spaces are 10ft X 10ft (Artisans/Value Added Products) or 20ft x 10ft (Farmers/Flower sales) and will be assigned on a week-to-week basis.
- Vendors are responsible for set-up and clean up. Set-up begins at 1:00pm; all vendors must be checked in and set-up no later than 2:45pm (All vehicles moved off site).
- Vendors must check in with the Market representative to pay for space prior to Market opening (3pm).
- Vendors must remain on site for the entire market (i.e. 7PM or until dusk in the fall).
- Vendors must supply their own equipment (examples: tent, chairs, tables, PPE etc.)
- ALL TENTS MUST BE WEIGHTED DOWN!!
- Vendors are responsible for keeping their space attractive during market hours and for cleaning up their space after the market closes including removal of garbage and sweeping up all debris. Vendors whose products generate waste must provide covered trash containers for customer use and remove trash from site –NO onsite garbage.
- Vendors must provide appropriate containers for water, and follow all health code regulations when handling produce and prepared foods.
- Access to public water or electricity is not guaranteed.
- We welcome you and your consumers to use Market bags and try not to use plastic containers and bags.
- All vendors must carry liability insurance that covers them off-premises.
- All food and food products offered for sale shall be from sources approved or considered satisfactory by the Oakland County Health Department and the Michigan Department of Agriculture.
- All vendors shall post a sign no smaller than (8 ½ x 10) with their name, location of their business at their stall (all signs are subject to the approval of the Market Manager).
- All food and products offered for sale at the Market must be grown in Michigan or made by the vendor who offers the person(s) listed on the vendor application.
- M.F.M. has final approval of sale items. Vendors will be contacted at the time of approval and it will be determined which items will be permitted at market.
- M.F.M. has the right to terminate vendor participation at its sole discretion. No refunds will be given in the event of termination.
- The receipt of an application is not a contract between the vendor and the M.F.M. It does not guarantee your participation.
- Upon acceptance to the market, a finalized product list must be supplied to M.F.M., after which point all changes must be approved by the M.F.M.
- It is against M.F.M. policy to supplement your products with any that are produced by others not listed on your vendor application. If you falsify your vendor application, your right to participate may be revoked.
- All vendors will be required to provide a product list with prices at the start of the season, and update those prices as often as necessary. No price changes are allowed on day of market.
- All Organic products for sale at your space must display a sign, at least 4”x6”, identifying it as certified or local organic. This is to assure that proper product labeling protects the producer & consumers from false advertising.
Only prepaid vendors and reservation agreement vendors IN GOOD STANDING are guaranteed space (and the same space every week, at that!)
Don't wait until it's too late - consider pre-paying for your space!
We are asking all returning seasonal vendors to return your applications by March 26, 2023. After March 26, 2023, spaces will be filled at the discretion of the Vendor Coordinator. Request for specific locations will be considered and will be assigned by the Vendor Coordinator, giving weight to full-season and pre-paid vendors.
If you are accepted as a vendor at the market and you decide to pre-pay, your payment will be due within 30 days of your invoice date. Payments received later than 30 days from the invoice date are subject to a late penalty.
- Any “walk on” vendors must provide all required documents before start of market and uphold all vendor guidelines.
- Only prepaid vendors and reservation agreement vendors IN GOOD STANDING are guaranteed space
- Reservation Agreement: Vendors that make a commitment of 11 weeks or more, but want to pay week to week, will be charged a flat fee.
- All Booth Fees must be paid to the Market Representative prior to the start of the Market (3pm).
- Booth fee: is $20.00 per week for one space.
- Pre-payment option, 11 weeks or less season $161 must be paid on the first day you arrived at market (per space)
- Pre-payment option, Season 23 weeks, $322 must be paid on the first day you arrived at market (per space)
- Reservation Agreement: for a flat fee of $18.00 per week for one space.
Attendance at the Market
Cancellations and No Call-No Show (NCNS): Cancellations must be received by 11 PM the night before market.
The market is rain-or-shine, late cancellations due to weather conditions are not acceptable.
- Prepaid Vendors –If we receive more than 3 late cancellations, or two no-call no shows, vendor coordinators reserve the right to terminate vendor participation. (Prepaid vendors fees will not be reimbursed for no-shows OR late cancellations, but upon termination, the remainder of pre-payments will be returned).
- Reservation Agreement Vendors– Same as above, and a penalty of FEE $5.00 to be paid on next market day (not contingent on the weather).
- “Walk on” Vendors- Any No Call No Shows are subject to cancellation of any/all future market dates.
Please follow the above mentioned Vendor Logistics, Guidelines and Fees.
Additionally, you must submit 2 photos of your work.
(If you wish your photos to be returned, please submit a self-addressed stamped envelope with your application.)
Non-profit booth fee: $10.00
Indicate on your vendor application if you are a non-profit organization and circle the dates you wish to participate. We are available by email with any questions.
- Non-profits will receive a total of 1-2 booths a week that will be sponsored by one of our local Milford businesses.
- If a non-profit organization is planning on participating for 2 or more weeks we ask that you volunteer some time the day of the market, ie: set-up, parking, or clean-up
- If you plan on selling any food items please follow the rules/regulations stated in this document.
Vendors are responsible for complying with the state and local health department and licensing regulations governing the production and sale of their products.
If applicable, vendors are responsible for reporting and collecting all sales tax. Vendors must have all required permits and/or licenses and provide copies of said documents to the Market prior to the start of market day.
Examples include plant/nursery licenses and licensed kitchens for processed foods. Vendors of certified organically grown produce must have a copy of current organic certification.
Vendors who fail to comply with applicable state, federal and local regulations may be subject to removal from the market and forfeiture of stalls fees.
For additional information regarding certifications, permits and/or licenses, contact:
Organic Certifications Michigan Weights and Measures
Oakland County Health Department
Michigan Department of Agriculture
Environmental Health Department
Food and Dairy Division
Temporary Food Establishment License